The historic Arawata Hall, established 1888, is the hub of the Arawata/Kardella community. The Hall is used on a regular basis, for shared Casserole teas once a month, all year round. These regular events keep the community connected. The Hall is also the venue for the annual Farmers’ Breakfast/Caulfield Cup Sweep, local Landcare group meetings, dance nights, weddings, election voting and special events with Guest Speakers.
The Arawata Annual Trivia night in May, sees ten teams of ten people vying for the honour of winning the Perpetual Trophy Shield.
Coming together for community events means that we share the laughter, the working bees, the condolences for losses and find out who in the area needs a little bit of TLC. We love our little hall and take pride in keeping it well maintained.
One hundred and forty years ago, before the recent influx of new residents to Arawata, the first selection of land in the area happened.
The Arawata Hall officially opened on 18th April 1889, one hundred and thirty years ago.
The first Arawata School opened in the Hall on the 3rd of October 1889. Next year, 2019, also sees the centenary of the Arawata Public School which opened on donated land on 7th November 1919.
Many descendants of the first settlers live and maintain connections to the Arawata region. These “heritage” families enjoy sharing knowledge of their forebears and are looking forward to welcoming old and new families coming together to celebrate these important milestones.