Ensure your contact details are correct!
It may seem obvious, but ensure that you update your listing whenever your contact details change.
Write a description that talks directly to your customers
This is the summary where you can provide just enough information about your products, services or purpose for people to determine whether they want to know more.
Community Groups, Not for Profits, Sporting Groups
This is the section where you can tell about the causes your organisation supports, or purpose of your organisation. Include why they should support or join your organisation. Explain to both donors and volunteers why your organisation is unique and valuable. In addition, tell volunteers why your organisation is fun, rewarding, and a source of personal development.
Be sure to explain if there is any screening process or membership requirements.
This is the section where you can tell about all the services or products you provide. Include why they should choose your business. Think about the issues your customers might have, and how your service or product solves that problem. This should be used to help entice a customer to find out more about the products or services you offer.
If you have a customer testimonial that speaks well to your services, this is the section to include it.
Adding your Organisation
- Category Selection: Choose the type of organisation that most closely fits yours.
- Name: This should be in Title Case, and just contain your company or organisation name. No need to include Pty Ltd or Inc on the end!
- Phone Number: Choose the best number for people to call you, whether that’s an office or mobile number
- Phone 2: alternative number for contacting (optional)
- Address: If your organisation doesn’t have a street address / shopfront, include your full PO Box details (optional)
- City: What is the closest town/area to your location? Eg: Korumburra, Kardella, Arawata, etc.
- Postcode: Relevant postcode for your street address.
- Contact Name: Who’s the best person for people to ask for when first calling you?
- Contact Email: The email you provide is not visible on the listing (to avoid spam), but it is used for any correspondence we may need to have with you regarding your listing.
- Website: Include your website so people can find out more information about you. If you don’t have one, leave blank.
- Facebook: Format should be https://www.facebook.com/organisationname
- Google Maps link: Format should be https://www.google.com/maps/place/ OR https://goo.gl/maps/
- Short Description: see below
- Long Description: see below
- Goods/Services: key words or phrases people may use to search for a business like yours
- Business Hours: Shopfront hours or hours you’re happy to take calls.
- Areas Served: Where (locally) do you offer your services or where would people come from to buy your products.
- Image: We recommend you use your logo.
- reCaptcha: Necessary to prove you’re human, not a spamming bot
- Tickbox: Confirmation you’ve read the directory terms & conditions for adding your listing.